Community Pact by candidates
DRAFT – UNDER DEVELOPMENT
Our candidates will sign a Public Community Pact to serve the best interests of their community. A proposed Pact will include elements outlined below:
- I acknowledge that I do not know everything and that I need to listen to my constituents and keep learning.
- I promise organised, perpetual and coordinated consultation with my constituents through Citizen Legislative Review Groups in which I will focus on the views of my constituents.
- I promise to serve my electors before the interests of any party or organisation.
- Except for supply bills, I will cast my vote with my conscience and best judgement in the best interests of the people I serve and represent.
- I promise to personally serve and behave in a manner that reflects the expectations of the people I serve.
- The criteria I will apply for my policy choices:
- I commit to identifying solutions to the society’s problems that are most consistent with liberty. I will never vote for something that undermines the personal freedoms and rights of the people I serve and represent.
- I will respect and fight for the right of every Australian citizen to freedom of speech, movement and religious belief.
- I will never support legislation that unnecessarily coerces the People or divides them in any way.